The S.S. Juanita and S.S. Octorara were two of three ships built by the American Shipbuilding Company to accommodate goods and passengers traveling from the Erie Canal in Buffalo, New York, to the new west.
The S.S. Octorara was launched in 1910 and retired from commercial use in 1936. However, in 1942, the U.S. Army purchased the vessel to serve as a troop transport in the Hawaiian Islands until it was eventually scrapped in 1952. The S.S. Juanita was launched in 1904 and served until 1936. But in 1941, it was renamed the S.S. Milwaukee Clipper and ran between Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Muskegon, Michigan until 1971. It was eventually converted into a museum and ship and currently docked in Muskegon, Michigan as a National Historic Landmark.
The 1936 brochure has been transformed into a puzzle that any Great Lakes or ship enthusiast would enjoy.
This 500 piece jigsaw puzzle is printed, pressed, and assembled in Lansing, Michigan!
*Disclaimer: This puzzle is hand pressed by a Michiganology team member. Therefore, each puzzle comes out differently and will not fully match the image on the puzzle's box.*